If you don't find your answer below, please call us at 805-246-7102 or send us an email at Help@iCrumz.com.
Getting started with iCrumzTop
- Watch the Getting Started TutorialTop - This short (1-minute) video will give you a quick overview of how to use the essential features of iCrumz.
Home page and browser tabsTop
To get the most out of iCrumz, set your home page to iCrumz.com and configure your browser to go to iCrumz.com when you open a new tab. This gives you the most convenient access to your iCrumz bookmarks.Top
Your account – iCrumz accounts are freeTop
- Creating an accountTop – If you are logged in to another iCrumz account, then log out of that account using the tools menu at the top-right of your iCrumz screen. Go to iCrumz.com and enter your email address in the 'email' field and type in any validly formatted password (six or more characters, including A-Z a-z 0-9 # $ etc.) in the 'password' field and then click the “Sign In” button. A dialog box will be displayed asking if you want to create a new account for this email address. Click "OK" and you will be taken to your iCrumz bookmark collection with a starter set of bookmarks. Another dialog box will be displayed confirming that your new iCrumz account has been created and reminding you that you need to click on your account-activation link in the email that iCrumz just sent. Click on this link or copy it to the address bar of your Web browser to activate your iCrumz account. Until you activate it you will not be able to log in again to your iCrumz account.Top
- Forgot your passwordTop – If you are logged in then log out using the tools menu at the top-right of your iCrumz screen. Go to iCrumz.com and enter your email address in the 'email' field and type in any validly formatted password (six or more characters, including A-Z a-z 0-9 # $ etc.). If there is an iCrumz account for this email address but the password you entered is not correct, a dialog box will appear asking whether you would like to reset your password. If you would like to reset your password then click "OK" on this dialog box and follow the instructions in the reset-password email that iCrumz sends.Top
- Changing your passwordTop – Log in and select the “Change password” item in the tools menu at the top-right of your iCrumz screen.Top
- Changing your email addressTop – This feature is coming soon.Top
- Deleting your accountTop – This feature is coming soon.Top
Creating, editing and rearranging bookmarks, folders and subfolders, etc.Top
- Creating a bookmarkTop – Make sure you have
bookmarked in your
browser the “+iCrumz” item from the footer of the iCrumz website (while you are loggen in) by simply
dragging the +iCrumz item from the footer to their browser’s bookmarks bar. (Note that your web browser may be
configured to not display the bookmarks bar. Please refer to your browser's 'help' section to learn how to display
its bookmarks bar.)
When you are on a webpage that you want to bookmark, simply click the +iCrumz item that you just copied to your bookmarks bar. This will take you to a create-bookmark screen. Most of the info will likely already be filled in for you (this info is taken from the webpage itself) but can be edited.
Select a folder from the “Existing Folders” list at the bottom of the screen or type the name of a new folder in the “Folder” field and click the "Save" button.Top
- Editing a bookmarkTop – Click the icon to the left of any bookmark to edit the bookmark.Top
- Creating foldersTop –
a bookmark, in the Folder field simply type in a new folder name that does not yet exist.
When you refresh your iCrumz page, you’ll see the new folder and its bookmark(s) on the top-left of bookmark collection. The folder name will be in a dark-blue signifying that this is a new folder, subtly prompting you to decide where to drag the folder to organize it among your other bookmark folders (the folder name will remain dark-blue until you drag the folder to a new location).Top
- Editing folder names Top – Create a new bookmark with the new folder name you would like and then drag into that new folder the bookmarks you would like to have as this new folder name. Yes, we agree that this is hardly an elegant solution and we are working on a better way to change folder names, but that's how to do it right now :)Top
- Deleting bookmarks and foldersTop – To delete a bookmark or folder simply drag it into the trash and click "OK" when the warning dialog pops up. Also, if you move and/or delete all of the bookmarks from a folder that folder will automatically be deleted.Top
- Keywords and Description fieldsTop – When first bookmarking a webpage, the Keywords and Description fields are pre-populated with content taken from Keywords and Description HTML meta tags in the webpage itself (if the webpage has content in these meta tags). You can edit these fields.Top
- Moving bookmarks and folders Top – Click and drag any bookmark or folder to move it within its own folder or to any other folder. Top
- Creating and removing bookmark columns Top – This feature is coming soon. You will be able to drag any folder beyond the furthest-right or furthest-left column and a new column will magically be created. And if you move all of the folders out of any column, that column will be removed. You will be able to have up to 11 columns.Top
Various tools and settings for your iCrumz bookmarks page.
- Change passwordTop – Duh!
- Import BookmarksTop
– Feature coming soon. Will enable you to import into your iCrumz account bookmarks from a standard
bookmarks export file. All
browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc) enable you to export your bookmarks
from their browser into a standard bookmarks export file format.
To import bookmarks from a browser, first export your bookmarks from that browser and note where you saved the export file. Select the “Import Bookmarks” item from the Tools menu in iCrumz and navigate to the saved export file to complete the import.Top
- Export BookmarksTop – Feature coming soon. Will enable you to export your iCrumz bookmarks into a standard bookmarks export file format, which you will be able to use to import into the bookmarks of your browser and/or another bookmarking platform. (But why in the world would you ever want to do that?) Top
This feature is coming soon. It will list all the bookmarks you’ve added and deleted. You will also be able to permanently remove items from this list.Top
Enter something you want to search for in the Search field and hit the Enter/Return key on your keyboard or click on the magnifying glass icon to conduct a Google search. This will return the same search results as if you had conducted your search at Google.com. Top
- Where are my bookmarks?Top – Your account
is identified by your email address.
If you log in using a different email address from the one where your missing bookmarks are you won’t have access to the bookmarks from your original account.
If you log in using the original email address you will see your original bookmarks.
To consolidate your bookmarks from multiple iCrumz accounts, first export the bookmarks from the old account(s) and import them into the new account (export and import features coming soon).Top
- Still having problems?Top – Send us an email at Help@iCrumz.com or call us at 805-246-7102.Top