Q & A
How do I set up my account?Top
1) Click the "Activate my Account" button in the "Welcome to iCrumz!" email we sent you when you first signed up. (Check your junk/spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox.)
2) Make sure the bookmarks (aka favorites) bar is visible in your Web browser.
- Internet Explorer: Ctrl+Shift+b toggles the favorites bar on/off
- Chrome (Windows): Ctrl+Shift+b toggles the bookmarks bar on/off
- Chrome (Mac): Cmd+Shift+b toggles the bookmarks bar on/off
- Firefox (Windows): Right-mouse-click on the "+" new tab icon and make sure there is a "✓" for bookmarks bar
- Firefox (Mac): Ctrl+Left-mouse-click on the "+" new tab icon and make sure there is a "✓" for bookmarks bar
- Safari: Cmd+Shift+b toggles the bookmarks bar on/off
3) Drag the "+iCrumz" item from the footer of your iCrumz account page to your bookmarks bar so you can add new bookmarks.
4) Drag the "iCrumz.Share" item from the footer of your iCrumz account page to your bookmarks bar so you can easily share webpages with others.
How do you guys make money?Top
We earn affiliate revenue when users make online purchases from some of the sites they visit through iCrumz.Top
Are you watching what sites I bookmark and share?Top
No, not in the way you’re concerned about. Of course our computer systems and database have to keep track of what sites you bookmark and share so that the system can function, but no humans are looking at these things.Top
Will you sell my email address?Top
Nope, we won’t use your email address or any of your other contact info for anything other than to communicate with you about our service, unless you expressly ask us to. We will not sell your email address or other contact info, etc.Top
Can I export my bookmarks?Top
Soon! We are working on adding that feature. You will be able to export your bookmarks in a standard format and allow you to import them into any Internet browser or other bookmarking platform.Top
Can I import my bookmarks from my browsers or other bookmarking platform(s)? Top
Soon!. You will be able to import into iCrumz bookmarks you export from your browser or other bookmarking platform and then use this function to import them into iCrumz.Top
Are my bookmarks stored on my computer?Top
Nope, they’re stored 'in the cloud.' This allows you to access them from any computer, smartphone, tablet or other Internet-connected device. In fact you can log into your account from a friend’s or any public computer so you can access your bookmarks from the library, hotel lobby or airport, for example.Top
Can I access my bookmarks from my mobile phone?Top
Yes, but it's not as good as the smartphone apps we are working on!
Are you going to start charging for your service?Top
There’s nothing worse than some company offering you something for free, getting you hooked and then saying pay up or lose all this work you’ve invested. So we’re not going to do that to you. Whatever we give you for free will always be free.Top
Do you offer multi-user accounts?Top
Not yet, but it’s something we’re working on . We think this will be particularly valuable to businesses that want to give groups of their employees access to a curated collection of company-specific bookmarks. For example an accounting department might want all their employees to have quick access to a collection of helpful online resources.Top
Can I share my whole iCrumz collection or a folder or subfolder?Top
This is also something we’re working on, but it’s not ready yet . We recognize that there are many people out there who have a lot of interest and knowledge about certain subjects, and it would be great to enable them to curate a collection of online resources about their specialty that they can share with specific people or the world at large.Top